We are the selected few who know the actual truth about this so called “volcano.” It is all just a hoax because of the high security threat of Andrew and myself. They do not want to scare the citizens of the European Union so they created this whole volcano scandal. With the “ash” in the air, which is not visible to the eye, no air transportation is made available which concentrates us in a specific region: Greece.
Plus there is another 48 hour strike in Athens starting on Thursday. Note to self: leave Athens before Thursday and return after Friday.
They also have added some oxygen to the fire which already was burning in Greece. With these strikes, we are unable to move around quickly which inhibits us from making a speedy get-away. What they do not know is that we have a secret weapon: a teleporter. If you do not know what this is… watch Star Trek or google is.
We decided to dedicate this day to anything we had missed. We went to the Roman Agora, Greek Agora, Temple of Hephaistos and we took a little treck back to Zeus’s Temple. Andrew was trying to take a picture of the pillars, and since he had started the Sound of Music theme I thought I would contribute a little song to the cause. I hid behind a pillar and started singing “There’s a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall and the bells from the steeple too. And up in the nursery an absurd little bird is popping out to say cuckoo. Cukoo! Cukoo!” He thought it was funny. So did I. Andrew tried to take a picture while sitting on a column. Got yelled at again. Big surprise. I have become immune. We went through a path that said “do not cross”, but the gate was open. I was expecting a Greek appear out of thin air and yell at us.
But no one appeared. Victory! Since these guards are all wearing normal clothes, I wanted to sit in dark shadows and pretend that I work for the site and start yelling at people. Hmmm.. will have to do this if I have more time. Behind enemy lines, we saw the Roman Baths and other temples dedicated to Greek gods. We did a little more shopping at the flea market where Andrew bought an olive pipe for 5 Euros. He was quite proud of himself. In fact, he still is quite proud of himself. Since our hostel was equipped with a kitchen, we wanted to make French toast! A market was marked on our map and we were determined to go buy the necessary ingredients to whip up this delectable meal. We finally made it to the market and what did we find? Closed. Stupid Sundays.
Oh well… I guess I’ll just have to wait another week and a half before I get some. Sad day in the neighborhood, but happy I'm in Greece as you can see the the picture. <======
They put that there specfically for Andrew
Even the Greeks had to potty train their children
Not only can they control the public facilities, they can also control the markets. They are trying to starve us. They must have gotten inside information about our cravings for French toast. We will have to be more careful on who we share information with in the future. What they do not know is my infatuation with ice cream. Until then, I will always have stracciatella.
We hit up fast food place and got a burger in an attempt to quench my hunger for French Toast. Earlier that day we discovered that the hill we had been climbing by the Acropolis WAS Mars Hill. Silly us. We then took another walk up there and read Acts when Paul was there. It was crazy to think about what Athens looked like that many years ago and what its real purposes were for. The coolest thing was that Paul was actualy on this same hill at one point in time! I bet I was standing at the same exact place where he once stood. After contemplating these thoughts, we decided to return to our hostel. On the walk down I had commented how I was jealous because Tanner saw turtles in Athens. Poof! Turtle! It was just chilling in the bushes waiting to cross the step. I then whipped out my camera and pretended I was the Crocodile Hunter, God rest his soul, and was on a special expedition where my primary focus was on tortoises. Enough said, the turtle did not like me very much and wouldn’t move. We started to walk away when it poked his head out of his shell and began to waddle. Oh no he didn’t! I was very sneaky and snuck up behind him making a second video. Chuckles, it was funny.
Turtle!
We then returned to our hostel to meet up with Andrew and John Mark. The previous night, we decided that we should all room in the same rooms so we didn’t have any freaks for roommates. After talking for a bit we decided to head back to the Mars Hill for about the bagillionth time to watch the sunset. We bought some beverages and headed up there. We then saw the remains of first Christian Church that was established when Paul made his visit there. It was late evening and we decided to get some pizza. Paul at our reception told us of a restaurant where you can get 2 pizzas for the price of 1. The thing is, this little “special” is not advertised and they get quite testy when people order it. My question is, if you get so cranky, why do you have the stinking special in the first place?!? But we did manage to get our 2 for 1 pizzas and headed back to our room. The flights were still grounded (they need to get back to Spain) so we planned to go to the beach the next morning. We were in a room that slept 6 people and we had been commenting on how we hoped that no one else would be placed in our room. After a while, an Swiss-dude named Cedric came in and was not to happy with life. He was also stuck in Greece and needed to get back to Basel to attend his lectures at the University. Obviously, his first language is not English. We offered him some pizza and his response was “we are just about to go out and hunt for food.” It was apparent he meant he was going to go look for food, but I just imaged him taking out a weapon and going outside to hunt for food. We were expecting him to return with some fresh meat. Once he left I started busting out laughing. We are friends with him now which makes it even funnier. From the beach the previous day and walking around in tank tops, my skin is quite burnt. Agenda for the morning before chillaxing on the beach: find sunscreen!
Pictures around Athens:
Nicole, I am enjoying your posts immensely and have even laughed out loud in places. I hope you are able to make it home before you are caught in the middle of your mission! :)
ReplyDeleteAre you home yet. I'm tired of you taking these adventures without me.
ReplyDeleteLisa! I just noticed that peopl can leave comments on these thingies. haha. Glad you like them. I have actually grown to liking this whole blogging business. We are currently in Delphi with the hopes of taking a train to Germany. We'll see!
ReplyDeleteLeigh: No I am NOT home yet. I like Greece.