Disclaimer: This is now the time from the end of school to the voyage back home. Due to European laws and adventure beckoning me, Andrew and I are now illegally in Europe. Funny, I know. A suggestion from Tanner was to create the Fugitive Diaries in which I am pretending to be a spy while the authorities are searching for myself and Andrew. The Fugitive Diaries are in bolded letters within the real blog. Note: The concrete content within these bolded sentences is real. Kids, don’t try this at home.
Morphing into a fugitive:
We ascended into the skies of Germany with the intention of landing on the soils of Greece. The duration of our flight was approximately 2 hours in which I ate the best airplane food EVER. This flight was one of the best flights I have ever been on. It was so laid back, they played Greek music, and once again, served the best food. Best part? It was all for free! Heck yes! Even though we had shortish flight, we got a full meal. We landed around 21:15 in which the metamorphosis process began.
Our descention into Greece was the opportune time to begin putting on our disguises. We began plotting out escape through the airport without going through customs. Task #1: Successful. Greece does not know we are in their territory. We then navigated our way through the Athens airport to board a tram heading toward the Acropolis, with our top secret mission unfolding before our eyes.
We retrieved our baggage and stepped outside to find the metro. Holy hotness! It was late at night and it was still quite warm outside! This warm weather gave a glimpse of hope to my pale skin with the dream of being tan. We made our way to the metro in which we knew our destination, but we were so tired that we were a little confused and missed our stop. BLASTED. Stories of our lives. It seems that every single trip starts with Andrew and I getting lost and Nicole getting irritated. Why would this trip be any different? I was tired and wanting to fall into bed. We then got off at the next stop, wandered around, went back on the tram, got off at the correct stop, changed trams, and got off on the correct stop and began the search for our hostel.
I believe we have been double-crossed. They must have given us the wrong directions on purpose with the intention of catching us in action. While we were “lost”, a man came up and asked me for change for a 2 Euro because he wanted to use the phone. I thought that was quite reasonable and pulled out my wallet to calculate the change he needed. He then turned sketch and kept inching his way toward my wallet. He seemed like he had a ploy plotted out in his mind and I could read it in his eyes. Well I am proud to say I have read enough Chuck Norris jokes to know he was trying to rob me and immediately exited the situation. If needed I could have used my military training where we watched Chuck Norris infomercials which taught how to round-housed predator buns or I could have used my Jackie Chan moves. I have also recently watched Miss Congeniality which refreshed my memory in how to “S-I-N-G”. Either way I would have totally come out on top of that fight.
We finally made it to our hostel in which our rooms are rad! We have a miniature kitchen in these babies! A fridge, stove, with pots and plates and the whole 9 yards! A nice clean bathroom and a terrace that overlooks a sweet concrete building. Yes!!! Our first night we had 2 roommates from Cali. I am SO thankful that we chose the later flight, not only for our luggage situation but also because there was a strike in Athens where every single type of transportation shut down. Many travelers got stranded and it was quite chaotic. But by the time we got on the tram, it was 22:00 in which they were up and running again. We had dedicated the following day to catching up on sleep and rejuvenating from our previous trip/school semester. I feel the need to watch My Big Fat Greek Wedding… I’ll put it on my list of things to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment